Tuesday, May 31, 2011



After I graduated from high school a friend and I moved to Ireland for a year. Somewhere in that year I ended up working on a farm in Cork in Southern Ireland, that's a whole other story for another day, however on St. Patricks day we went out to a tiny village and hiked along these great barren cliffs and sat and ate lunch on the edge and looked out at the ocean. Being a good prairie girl I had never seen open ocean like this. I remember thinking that i'd never seen anything that huge- you could see the curvature of the earth and if I got in a boat and went straight the next thing I would hit would be Antarctica. It was overwhelming and beautiful and made me feel so small. 
These photos by Guy Sargent reminded me so much of that day. 

*first spotted on Ursa Major

No comments:

Post a Comment